Rate this article:  

Table of contents

Gard Guidance Masters REPORTING

A. In port or at anchor
If the vessel is in port or at anchor the Master should immediately inform

  • the local fire brigade (possibly via the port authorities)
  • the Hull and Machinery and/or P&I insurers or local correspondents
  • the Company.

    B. At sea
    If the vessel is underway but near the coast, the appropriate Maritime Rescue Centre and/or Coast Guard should be notified, as set out in the Emergency Contingency Plan.