Rate this article:  

Table of contents

Gard Guidance Masters GENERAL

In any such instances the Master should, in accordance with the vessel’s SSP, immediately inform the Company, the P&I insurer and local correspondent and request assistance. If the vessel is in port or at anchor, the Master should also inform the competent local authority such as the Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) and call for help.