Gard Alert: Bahrain and Saudi Arabia port restrictions
Bahrain and Saudi Arabia ban Iranian flagged vessels from their ports, whilst any vessel that has recently called at an Iranian port is not permitted entry to Bahrain.
On 27 January 2016, Gard’s correspondent, Gulf Agency Companyadvised that the following restrictions have been imposed by the relevant security authorities in the Kingdoms of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia:
- No dealings are to be undertaken with Iranian flagged vessels until further notice.
- Iranian flagged vessels will not be permitted to enter the ports of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
- Any vessel, regardless of its flag, that has visited Iran as one of its last three (3) port calls will not be permitted entry to Bahrain. There is currently no such restriction in Saudi Arabia.
Members and clients with vessels trading in the Middle East region should note the above and are recommended to stay in close contact with local agents and/or port authorities to clarify any port requirements well before arrival.
We are grateful to Gulf Agency Company and their local offices in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia (www.gac.com) for providing this information.
- Load lines
- Tonnage measurement of ships
- Notice of Readiness and the commencement of laytime